MTP Open Loop Actuator
The MTP is an internally preloaded piezoelectric open loop translation device capable of moving up to 105μm with very high resolution.
The actuators offer a very stiff design that is capable of generating blocking forces as high as 1000N (MTP-15). This characteristic enables the actuator to drive demanding loads of up to a maximum 10kg (MTP-15) in the Z-axis. Driving the MTP actuator over nominal range simply requires a 0V to 120VDC HV amplifier. However, if required, it is possible to achieve additional range by using a -30V to 150VDC capable HV amplifier.
If a small form factor and closed loop performance is required the MTP can be used in conjunction with a Queensgate Instruments position measurement system. This provides capacitive position sensing for sub-nanometre precision with the benefit of independent sensor placement from the actuator. This allows the freedom to mount the sensor plates at any convenient point on the host fixture.
- 15, 30, 45, 75 or 105 μm travel options with sub-nanometer resolution
- Low voltage
- Compact Size
- High Stiffness
- Internally preloaded - high pulling force
- VAC and UVAC Options
- Large range of accessories
- Metal case for protection
- Maximum load of up to 10Kg
- Beam steering
- Custom closed loop system configurations when used with Queensgate Nanosensors